Kids College -- Exploring the World Web Wide
- What is the internet?
- computer networks
- computer addresses, IP, domain names
- domain names map to IP addresses
- URLs, protocols, top level, paths, ...
- What is "digital information"?
- Examples of things that you can send and cannot send through a network
- Representing and exchanging information
- images, sounds, movies, smells, virtual reality
- What can you do on the internet?
- find information (surf, search)
- communicate with others (email, news, message boards, virtual communities)
- commerce (buy, sell, exchange)
- real-time information flow
- Is the internet dangerous?
- What is email?
- How can I make my own web pages?
Some starting points for kid's sites:
NHPT Knowledge Network
Ask Jeeves for Kids.
Also look for local newspapers, city, or schools on
line at most search sites such as
Also check out
New Hampshire Internet Awards
for some recent local web winners.
I highly encourage parents to read the safety issues
How Can You Keep Your Child Safe Online?"
to understand online dangers and what you can do to
This document includes the original "Young Person's Contract".
For more information about Kids College, see www.fsdc.com/kidscollege
or email email@example.com
This web page is located at http://craigc.com/cs/kc.html